Buying a Home in Riverside Avondale
Congratulations on the decision to buy a home in the Riverside Avondale historic district of Jacksonville! You’ve made a great choice to live in such a diverse neighborhood.
At Bloom Realty, our agents are committed to offering you customized service, with the knowledge of what it means to live in a historic district. We stay up to date on neighborhood legislation, and make sure you are equipped with the information you need to know.
When looking for a REALTOR® for homes in the historic district, we suggest asking the following questions:
• Are you familiar with the COA process?
• How many homes have you sold in the historic district in the last 24 months?
• How familiar are you with the parking situation in Riverside Avondale?
• Are you familiar with zoning issues in Riverside Avondale?
• What kind of exterior work needs to be done?
Common Terms in the Riverside Avondale Historic District
• COA: Certificate of Appropriateness; needed for any exterior work within the historic district. The COA process goes through the City of Jacksonville’s Historic Preservation Department.
• Contributing Structure: Any building or site that is integral to the historic district due to the time period it was built or because of representation of a significant architectural type, period, or method.
• Historic Overlay: A layer of local planning regulation that incorporates restrictions of underlying zoning for a given location, with the goal of preserving the historic character of the area.
• RAP: Riverside Avondale Preservation; non-profit neighborhood membership organization that aims to enhance and preserve the historic Riverside Avondale neighborhoods.
In love with the Riverside Avondale area? Download our free guide to living in this fantastic historic district.
Contact me about buying a home in Riverside Avondale
Please have someone contact me about buying or selling a home in Riverside Avondale